Thursday, December 24, 2009

15. A game called "Go"

I am not sure how many of you heard about Go but it is a board game and usually people compare it with chess and backgammon. However for me it is very different than chess and backgammon.

To play the game you need the board, black and white stones and two players. That's all. If you can't find the board you can draw the lines on the board on a piece of paper and make the little stones with paper. You could continue to play with those primitive ways because these things are not very important in this game.

I hope you wonder what is the important thing about this game? So let me tell you the important thing is: YOU. While playing you show your all characteristics to your opponent. Your every move has a meaning. I hate this question "so what's the purpose of this game?" and I really don't know how to explain this.

At 6th grade, when I first learn how to play this game our instructor told us that your purpose is to gain more area but this is not the case. When you go into the philosophy of the game and when you start to think of the meanings of the moves, you realize that this game never repeat itself and you learn a lot about yourself and about your opponent as you play the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment