Friday, January 1, 2010

20.The Truman Show..


True man or Truman, who am I?

Just to warn you before, this will be a little bit depressing post.
I guess I mentioned this before in my old posts but I feel different about it when I watch a movie for the second time or read a book for the second time after years.
I don't know why but I don't like these feelings.

Anyways, I always feel sorry about Truman.
He was the only naive character that I have known in my whole life.
That's why he cannot be real.
No one could stay pure and clean.
If only there are lies..

Truman was the true man when he was in the show but when he left for the real life, he cannot stay pure and clean.
We don't see what happens after, they left it to our imagination.
But really, what happens to Truman afterwards?
Will leave happily ever after with the girl?
Will he have job, which pays well?
Will he have peace in his house or will he have a house?
He will be broken soon. This is the case.
He will be broken at the end of his life or he will be the one who breaks until the end of his life.
There is not any other case.

That is why I still don't know if I could be the true man or Truman..

in case I don't see you good afternoon good evening and good night...


here is the link for the final scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhfhPhPWAAQ&feature=related

the image is retrieved January 1, 2009 from:http://www.filmreference.com/images/sjff_03_img1000.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment