Saturday, January 2, 2010

21.Expectations from the new year

I still don't know what I should expect from the new year but I know what not to expect from the new year so here is my list : )

1. I don't expect to win the lottery.
2. I don't expect a very high GPA.
3. I don't expect to gain or lose weight.
4. I don't expect happiness.
5. I don't expect luck.
6. I don't expect a perfect holiday.
7. I don't expect sober friends.
8. I don't expect a peace between me and my little brother.
9. I don't expect a clean dorm room.
10. I don't expect to sleep before 00.00 o'clock.
11. I don't expect to finish my homework, projects etc. before the last minute.
12. I don't expect a silent roommate.
13. I don't expect understanding friends.
14. I don't expect to sleep full.
15. I don't expect to find the better food at Sabancı University.
16. I don't expect to read every book that I wanted to read.
17. I don't expect to watch every movie that I wanted to watch. (ex: Avatar)
18. I don't expect to spend my time for the SPS, HIST and TLL readings.

These are all for now, I will be adding things to my list.

I only expect some unexpected miracles...

8 comments:

  1. This is a pretty cool way to approach the New Year, sort of a subversive list of New Year's resolutions. :) Actually, I have already won the lottery; I will collect my 15 TL from the New Year's Eve draw. :) And I have just finished watching Avatar. :)

    But Elif, why number 4? For the whole year, you expect no happiness? Not even a temporary state?

    And why number 13? What are your friends if not understanding? :)

    One of my wishes for 2010 is that expectations 4 and 13 on your list will be seriously confounded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for the lottery, last year I had 25 TL and it took 2 months to go and get it : )

    For number 4, happiness comes and goes so it is the best not to expect it to come, if it comes then of course I will appreciate it.

    For number 13, I like your question. You are right, what are they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For this New Year's Eve, I gamed Şans Topu but I didn't get any lottery. It gave nobody any, just continues to double its price for the next week.

    About happiness: Happiness doesn't turn up so often. But you know, everybody hopes to feel it one day and that makes them live. Everybody believes that they certainly would be happy in the future. Unintentionally and secretly we expect it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the Ic right now, doing my final homeworks. I should be unhappy, but right now I'm watching the beautiful snow falling to thegrass of our university. To be honest, I was never so happy while doing homeworks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow is wonderful, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Can,
    I hope you will win the lottery one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Baran,
    I am very happy that you are happy.
    I love libraries a lot and I love our library very much too.
    Even though I am not studying, I really like to spend time in the Information Center.
    During the finals, it is closed at 1.45 am which means I will be there and if it snows it will be even better...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sonja,
    YES it definitely is :)

    ReplyDelete