Thursday, November 12, 2009

5. Everything about enthusiasm

This is going to be my first post which is not directly related to English 101 but it will be related indirectly.
To start with: what is enthusiasm and why enthusiasm? Who can be an enthusiastic person?
According to dictionary.com enthusiasm means: "absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest or pursuit." For me it enthusiasm is more than this and I believe I could explain this by answering the question: "why enthusiasm?"
Enthusiasm, because it is the only thing that makes me move on, that wakes me up, that provides fresh air and everything that helps me to live and who can be an enthusiastic person? I wish the answer could be easy and safe. But no, unfortunately if you are patient, if you can fight with anything and if you could stand straight against anything you face then you be could enthusiastic.

Today, especially now, I don't feel enthusiastic anymore. You could ask you are not enthusiastic about what? About anything or about everything. It is now very hard to eat. It is now very hard to think. It is now very hard to talk.

But why?

Because whatever I do, does not fit to this world! If I try to be sincere, it does not work. If you want be happy in this world, you should be nasty. Being nice to the world, to the people, sometimes even to the animals doesn't work.

As a result of this unorganized post if you don't want to be disappointed don't be enthusiastic!

6 comments:

  1. Elif,
    Do you think you may just be experiencing stress? You are under a lot of pressure to conform, to perform and so on. And mid-semester is when student depression really starts to hit. Teachers feel it too.

    I would really like to hear more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you are right. It is all about the mid-semester, the exams, the notes that I should read etc. etc.
    I will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Elif,

    I can totally understand you.

    But you chosed to be different. You have dreams, aims and different angle to look to this world.
    That's why you are enthusiastic,

    But unfortunately some of people doesn't care about this things. Just doing what everbody is doing is enough for them.

    You are swimming opposite to flow, while you are being sincere, enthuasiastic, and naturally sometimes you are being exhausted like that.

    Tak care of yourself,!

    Thank you for this sincere post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for your comment Ayşe, I texted you yesterday night and I couldn't see you today, so I don't know what to write happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone gets enthusiastic(that's a hard word to write) if they do what they want to do. Sometimes our prefers, wishes, expectations seem weird but in fact they are not. and everybody doesn't have to think positive about our thoughts. We have something in our mind and we cannot make everybody content or comfortable with it. However we should keep our own thoughts because they make us happy, we gain profits more from them than from being criticized by others. With them we are happy. And I think that we should try to be happy with small things, for exmaple with a joke which one of our friends did. That seems to be a cliché but it works.. There are much more wonderful things else in this word.

    See you..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The biggest happiness always comes from the smallest things, you are right with that. And thank you very much for your sincere comment.

    ReplyDelete