Wednesday, November 11, 2009

4. About English 101

Now I am very happy because we have an exact question: "What have you learned, improved and/or become more aware of so far this semester in ENG 101?"

As Janbek mentioned, English 101 is familiar to me because the syllabus and the expectations are very similar to our english classes in high school. Therefore it did not take time for me to get used to the English 101. As a result I am very happy and comfortable in the English classes. The first thing that I learned from the English 101 is how to write an e-mail to an instructor. The word document was very essential. Before English 101 I usually end my e-mails by saying "Thank You". However I did not know that this is very impolite. I always think that it was a very polite way to finish an e-mail, but it wasn't. Of course there are some more important things that I have learned in English 101, but I cannot think of them now. The thing is I don't feel what I have learned which is wonderful. I will probably realize them as the time goes by, when I face with the difficulties of Sabancı University. That's it for now. Afiyet olsun!

2 comments:

  1. Elif,
    I wonder one thing after reading your post and your other comment...why didn't you just ask me for a specific question? I am always here to help you. In any case, you have done a very good job of blogging. Last year students said they would have preferred to have their own blogs, so I wanted to give you the freedom to write about the angles you like.

    And it's completely normal to feel a bit anxious about writing personal things and how your audience might react to your blog. But blogs are generally for sharing personal opinions, so I hope in time you will start to feel more comfortable. The blog is also for you, so not everything has to be 'interesting' to your reader.

    About emails...You can of course sign Thank you at the end, followed by a comma and then your name. The only thing that is 'impolite' is not to sign anything, which is unfortunately what many students do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well unfortunately I don't have an excuse for this I don't know why I didn't ask for it maybe the real reason is I am a little lazy. I hope I will get used to feel comfortable about what I write to my blog.

    Also I was doing that mistake every time I wrote, thank you, I don't write my name just leave it like this so it is very nice to learn that.

    In addition all of these, it is very funny that you are sitting in front of me and rather than just saying these to you I am writing here :)

    ReplyDelete