Sunday, March 7, 2010

5. Stereotypes

I am just being honest in this post, I don't pretend that I am such a perfect person that has no stereotypes, even though I don't generalize people and judge them according to their specific characteristics, I still have some stereotypes.

Before I read:
My list of stereotypes for Asian students:
They work really hard.

Imm I guess that is all for my stereotypes for Asian students, I couldn't think of any other so, look I am almost perfect : )

As I read:
I felt bad when I realized that my stereotype for Asian students was same in the reading. Anyway, I would like to write about my theoretical and practical reactions. As anyone else in the world in theoretical, I will stay calm and try to offense myself and my ethnic background. I will be explaining patiently what I think and why am I right and why s/he is wrong. However in practice probably I will act like her.

1 comment:

  1. I think stereotyping is, to a large extent, inescapable. What's important is to develop the awareness of our own tendency to fall into this easy trap, as you've done here.

    ReplyDelete